Sunday, November 20, 2011

Loneliness

There's walls made of steel
There's walls made of stone
But none are so strong
As the walls made of fear alone
   
                             Maura O'Connell         
           
But I'm chipping away at it......
Although I am perfectly fine with my own company and enjoy being by myself I sometimes struggle with loneliness.  Balance eludes me.  It's embarrassing but I either have no boundaries at all, indiscriminately disclosing random intimate facts to perfect strangers or I put up walls that keep everyone out.  Including Sunshine and Happiness.

In 2005, Frank Warren created Post Secret, an art project in which people are invited to anonymously mail in their secrets on a homemade postcard.  Select secrets appear every Sunday on the PostSecret blog.  I read this blog every week and both of these postcards are from the site.

 

And I have the sense, though I can't quite put my finger on why, that somehow my loneliness is related.