Monday, March 28, 2011

Is It Friday Yet?

I am dragging ass today and I didn't write at all yesterday.  I have to chair a meeting tonight and it seems that no matter what I do I can't get up any energy, despite my 3 cups of Starbucks.  Exercise works but why do that?  Time was I could drink as much caffeine as wanted and still be able to sleep.  Now I can guess exactly what's gonna happen.   When 11:30 rolls round I'm going to be wide awake and wound for sound.  Ah well...it sucks getting old. 

My reaction to these kind of days is to wonder, as a friend of mine would say, "what fresh hell is in store for me now!"  (h/t Kerry)  
Right now I just want to curl up under a comforter with a cup of tea, watch Burn Notice on Hulu and block out the world.   I can't, of course, because of the aforementioned meeting which I need like a hole in my head but responsibility beckons.  Bleh!   It 's actually a deceptively sunny day in the Burgh.  Blue sky, grass greening, tulips and crocuses peeking out their little heads.  Did I mention it's 39 degrees outside?  I stepped out to get the morning paper with no coat (or shoes for that matter) thinking spring had sprung and almost froze my ass off. (as if)  Now meteorologist Julia (what is with that wardrobe?) Bologna  is calling for dropping temperatures and snow.  Oh hell no.