Thursday, March 31, 2011

Opposites Attract

Image courtesy of thefrisky.com
Today I was reading about introversion and extroversion at Taupe and Lime  http://isalmostthere.blogspot.com/   I too am an introvert married to an extrovert.  I call my partner the Wild Woman of Borneo.   My love is a hurricane, flying in, flying out, leaving chaos and mayhem in her wake.  Each day I do my best to organize the  house and keep our affairs in order.  Every day my wild woman comes home and in a matter of minutes has discombobulated an entire day's worth of work.   I have difficulty keeping up. 
In addition to her penchant for acting like the Tasmanian devil she also has an uncanny ability to go through food and drink.  I shop.  I stock the cupboards, fridge and freezer.  I cook.  And again it seems immediately the cupboards are bare.  I swear she has a parasite.  Each day after she gets dressed and leaves for work, I go into our room and rehang the 6 or so outfits she has pondered and then thrown onto the bed.  She works out and creates laundry.  Oodles of it.  A bra here, a sock there, a pair of underwear hanging from the railing.  And I have never seen anyone with the ability to create more crap. She throws nothing away. (just in case she might need it)  We have mail from 2009 in a pile along with magazines, bills, junk mail, coupons,  It never fails that if I do pitch something the very moment I do she is looking for it.  I swear we are gonna end up on "Hoarders: Pittsburgh".

What does this have to do with extroversion?  Well, my love lives life, voraciously, devouring every bit of it both bitter and sweet.  She embraces life and adores people.  She loves to be around and engage with others and she hates to sleep.  Being tired makes her cranky but she doesn't want to nap lest she miss something.  She is a force to be reckoned with. 

My love is optimistic, compassionate, an idealist, an entertainer, funny, athletic and outgoing.  She is never without a smile.  And I, I am a misanthrope.