Thursday, May 5, 2011

Soapbox

Eeeeew, I am in a foul mood today.  And this is why I have a wild hair up my ass.

Rant #1  

The Post-Gazette is chock full of articles about Steeler Rashard Mendenhall and his recent tweets. There's been a huge outcry and not just in the Burgh.  TV, talk radio, the newspaper the Internet, all bemoan his boneheadedness.  He looks like a bin Laden sympathizer and worse a conspiracy theorist.  Attracting the most ire is his comment,  "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style"

Idiot.  Now as much as I believe Rashard is entitled to his opinion, I also believe his opinion is poop.  And as much as I believe the outpouring of hatred for Rashard is  justified, I am also wondering about these tweets which have gotten no play in the media. 



Contempt for women much? But nary a word about the dick sucking opining, except of course for my idol @ That's Church.

What's happened to propriety people?  Even if these are things you believe to be true, why in  hell  tweet them?  Especially given you are a public figure.  Extra specially given that the Steeler female fan base has already been alienated.  (That's right, I'm talking to you Ben.)  I know there are probably a good many folks who also hold these opinions.  I believe in freedom of speech.  But good God man, use your head.

Or maybe not.

Rant #2

Yup that's my new garage door installed yesterday.  Yup those are huge gaps in the framing.  Yup my house is taller on one side than the other.  No the installer did not use a level.  No my garage door won't open because it is jamming on the top 2x8.  Yup a NEW installer has to come tomorrow to take down the entire door and start again.

Rant #3
Uh huh, that's my grass again after one entire week of rain in Pittsburgh but it's finally gorgeous and sunny out today.  Guess where my lawn mower is?  Yup stuck in the garage (that cannot be opened due to the installer not using a level)

Rant #4
Sunday is Mother's Day.  I hate Mother's Day.

Wild hair still in place.